Thursday, April 5, 2012

Peer Pressure...

In an attempt to find a job where I can be with my kids, make a little extra cash, and be creative Little Birds Boutique was hatched.  On March 17th I opened the door to an old building with a new business- a children's consignment and gift shop. I sell new and gently used clothes, toys, gear, headbands, and lots of handmade items from talented local crafters.

So why start a blog?  Because my mom said so. Well, not my biological mom, but the extra one that I got when I said "I do" to my husband 7 years ago. My mother-in-law has a successful business and swears by her blog.  I tried arguing that noone wants to read about kids clothes but I realize that I'm a lot more than just kids clothes.  I'm not talking about the artwork I sell or the headbands and diaper cakes in the display cases (although you're sure to hear about the goodies in the shop), I'm talking about being a parent.  What do I have in common with just about everyone that comes by the shop?  Kids.

I love facebook (come be my friend!) and once in awhile I'll write a "note" there about parenting and I always get a lot of feedback so I've decided to book a place to write more and hopefully find fresh ideas for the shop along the way.  

1 comment:

  1. WEll, it's about time! Now put up some pics and a header picture too!!

    ReplyDelete