Friday, April 20, 2012

One month

The store has been open for a month now and I couldn't be happier. 

This business was not meant to make my family rich.  This business is a way for me to make a little money and stay with my kids too, but as the weeks go by I realize I love it for so many more reasons. 

1)Lanesboro- I really like having the shop in a neighborhood setting.  Our home is in the country so the couple hours each day my kids spend at the shop they get to enjoy playing with other kids on the street...they might actually get to ride bikes this summer!

2)Baby fever- Obviously Lola is still a little peanut, but I plan on being in business for awhile so I loooove seeing the babies that come in.  I get to play with them and then give them back!  This will be perfect when Lola no longer wants to be my little clingon :)

3)Friends- I have had the chance to chat and catch up with soooo many people at the shop!  I've talked to people I haven't seen in years.  I love it!  It's so nice to spend time with old friends and I've made a lot of new friends too.

4)Helping- If you've been in the shop you know my prices are low. I know how hard it can be to keep up with how quickly kids grow.  I think of the thousands of dollars we've spent over the years keeping the kids dressed and I wish so much I would have shopped in consignment shops before.  I love that people can come in and get a good deal and their kiddos are still looking good.  Susky can be a tight community when things get tough, so I hope that as time rolls on and benefits and the like come up that people know they can stop in the store for donations for the silent/chinese auctions we all love so much!

I could name a lot more reasons, but Lola's making angry faces at me so I better get moving.  I just want to thank all of my consignors and all of my customers for making life good :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what kind of shop you have but you can see the joy that you receive from it. I am considering opening a gift shop and I feel the same way! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your shop! I used to have a shop and miss doing it so much. Wishing you much success! :-)
    Would love to see some pictures of your shop

    ReplyDelete